Friday, 25 November 2016

Friday Post 5

So this week I have been learning about alcohol, drugs, there effects, and how teens shouldn't be doing either of them.In the drugs area I learned about date rape drugs and how they are often tasteless and colorless and how they can cause you to pass out and black out. I also learn about different types of drugs and how they can act as stimulants like nicotine and caffeine which make you feel more awake and energized but cause effects like rapid heart rate, increased blood pressure and high body temperatures, where as there are also drugs that can distort your senses and perceptions and make you hallucinate called hallucinogens. In the area of alcohol I learn about how to find out how much I should drink, ways to stay safe while drinking and the reasons why teenagers shouldn't drink. To elaborate, ways to find out how much alcohol are as follows, you can check on the bottle or cans label and that will tell you, you can ask the bar tender what they put in your drink, or you can make the drink your self, most of those strategies will tell you. Some things that can be dangerous while drinking are drinking things from punch bolls because there could be anything in there so its a general bad idea, leaving your drink un-attended because any one could slip a drug into it, and just drinking to much and not making good decisions can be life ruining. I learned that drinking before the age of 21 is dangerous because your brain hasn't fully developed and drinking at this time can severely stunt your brains growth as well as leave you vulnerable to future addictions.So that is what I learned this past week.


also the definition of existentialism is...
                a philosophical attitude associated especially with Heidegger, Jaspers,Marcel, and Sartre, and opposed to rationalism and empiricism, that stresses the individual's unique position as a self-determining agent responsible for the authenticity of his or her choices.

It doesn't really affect me 

No comments:

Post a Comment